Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting pitted, so pitted.

This just in-- San Diego is rad.

This summer is going well in just about every aspect of life- the scripture movies are going like hotcakes, the weather is perfect, I live 1.1 miles from In-N-Out, I'm tan as all get out, AND I'm going to a Snoop Dogg concert next week for only $10! All of these factors add up to make this the 2nd best summer of my life.

But here's what I'm really excited about...

Yesterday I purchased a surfboard for the bargain price of $69.00 (American). It's blue and foamy. We call it "the foamy." Here's a look at the board in action:





A combination of my living in San Diego and my love for the Beach Boys made surfing inevitable for me. There's nothing quite like riding a wave back to the beach and then paddling myself to exhaustion trying to get back out to the breaks. If this surf addiction keeps up, I could very well start talking like this guy by the end of the summer...


4 comments:

Matt Willie said...

Oh man, I love it when I get pitted! It's really an incredible feeling. Especially if it happens right after you drop in there and just go whoplam.

Kimball said...

So how was snoop?? I am a little disappointed that snoop D-O-Double G didn't get his very own post...

Kate said...

Oh man I loved that video. I hope you sound like him after shredding some serious gnar. By the way, I'm pleased to be awarded the soulmate title. Warms the cockles of the heart...

Kaedi said...

Dude. Dude. DUUUUDE.