Monday, June 30, 2008

Google Analytics and My Encounter With Michael Jackson




Not long ago I found out that you can actually track the number of hits your blog receives daily, as well as where the people who visit your blog are located. So I added the tracking code to my blog (this took me a good hour or so to figure out how to do) and sat back to watch the counter start putting up big numbers... It would be a daunting task for any one man to number and keep track of the vast legion of faithful readers who subscribe to this blog, but google analytics did it: 125 people from 4, count em, 4 countries! My guess is that at least 53 of those visits are from one devoted fan. Thanks Mom!

In an effort to have the number of visits double in the next week, I have given this post a title that I hope will result in a larger number visitors from search engines. This is more an experiment than anything else. Check back later for more news.

4 comments:

HIP HOP said...

You're so welcome, Kyle!

Matt Willie said...

Great title. Let me know how it works out; maybe I'll try it myself. I'm thinking of using something like: "Bush says war in Iraq is over, troops on their way home" or "Jamie Lee Curtis admits she's actually a man!" You know...just something pretty generic.

You're a funny writer, by the way. I had no idea you had that talent. I knew you were pretty much talentless at getting angry and dealing with tension, so I guess I just figured that must translate into a lack of literary prowess. But you really proved me wrong.

Mandee said...

This news has made it less fun for me to blog stalk people.

Miriam said...

Update, please...or come back to Utah. You choose.