Sunday, May 25, 2008

Biggest Blockbuster Disappointment Ever!

I should have known. When I first heard that they were making a new Indiana Jones movie, I should have known that it would never measure up to the originals. But somehow I hoped that maybe this time George Lucas would hit a grand slam after loading the bases with the first three films. We got tickets for the 10:30 showing and headed into downtown Silver Spring for some fine adventure cinema. The verdict: this movie sucked. I started dozing off after about 20-25 minutes. at the 40 minute mark I gave in and laid down on the open seats next to me. Luckily this theater is fairly new and you can put the arm rests up... I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone-- and really, I can't, on account of how I slept through until the credits-- but maybe by reading this "review" your expectations will be lowered and you'll have a better experience than I did. All in all I give the movie a C+ (that's generous, mind you). However, I give the nap I took an A-. I was exhausted from a long week of making ridiculous money... Highlights from the evening come mostly from our trip to the International House of Pancakes after the nap that I paid $10.25 to take. Several times during the movie/napping I remember having the thought, "freak, turn it down!" If you're considering seeing this movie, I would recommend you stay in and maybe pop in an episode of Lost or two... or seven.

7 comments:

Marc said...

this is bad, bad news.

Kimball said...

Regardless of whether or not the arm rests can lift, is it ever a good idea to lay down on movie theatre seats?? Having worked in a movie theatre in high school, I make an effort to not let any skin touch the fabric of a movie theatre seat.

Just a thought...

Kaedi said...

Someone got the clap once from those seats.

Kyle said...

Actually, I think it was from a tractor.

Matt 'n Erin said...

Hey Kyle! You know what's AWESOME???

Miriam said...

Kyle! You are so silly! I totally wrote a comment on your blog post which has been deleted, a while ago, and I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you!! We can now officially be blog friends.

jacob said...

Yeah, but take another look at the original Indiana Jones movies. If you remove the nostalgia, they are just as good/bad as the fourth.